Born In The 50s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Caramel Dream Tassies

Go down

Caramel Dream Tassies Empty Caramel Dream Tassies

Post by Dana Thu 01 Oct 2009, 9:54 am

My kids all went to a wedding of a guy they went to high school with, and his extended family made all the cookies, and my daughter said there were just trays and trays full of cookies everywhere, all kinds! The grooms mother told her to bring me home a bag full (Bless her heart)...My daughter said I had to try these and figure out the recipe. They were YUMMY! I found this recipe online and made them, and this is it! This will be my cookie exchange cookie this year.

Caramel Dream Tassies

14 oz. pkg. caramels (unwrapped, <g>)
3/4 c. evaporated milk, divided
1/2 c. butter
1/2 c. shortening
2/3 c. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Ground nuts

Melt caramels with 1/2 c. milk in microwave or double boiler. Spoon into baked Tassie shells, about 2/3 full.

In a small bowl, blend butter and shortening, mixing well. Set aside for 20 minutes. In another bowl, blend sugar, remaining 1/4 c. milk, and vanilla. Set aside for 20 minutes. Combine the two bowls into a large bowl. Using a mixer, whip on high until cream. Spoon this frosting on top of caramel layer, sprinkle with ground nuts. Makes 4 dozen cookies.

Dough:

6 oz. cream cheese, softened
1 c. butter, softened
2 c. flour
1/2 tsp. salt (opt.)

Mix well. Shape into 48 small balls. Place in tassie pans (miniature cupcake/muffin pans). Press up sides gently. Bake at 350F, until done. Cool and fill. Makes 4 dozen.
Dana
Dana
not a noob

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum