Born In The 50s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pandesal (filipino dinner rolls)

2 posters

Go down

Pandesal (filipino dinner rolls) Empty Pandesal (filipino dinner rolls)

Post by tatertot Fri 31 Jul 2009, 11:17 pm

Photos on my facebook if we're friends there:

Full Recipe

8 tsp yeast (rapid rise)
2 cups warm water
4 eggs
1 can evap milk
1 cup margarine
2 tsp salt
1 cup sugar
10 cups flour
bread crumbs

Half Recipe
4 tsp yeast (rapid rise)
1 cup warm water
2 eggs
½ can evap milk
½ cup margarine
1 tsp salt
½ cup sugar
5 cups flour
Bread crumbs

mix all ingredients, adding flour 2 cups at a time.
Slam the dough (with feeling), keep adding flour until dough doesn’t stick to fingers.
set oven at 300 for 20 sec. then turn oven off.
Put the dough in the oven, and allow to rise for 30 minutes or until the size is doubled.
Flatten dough with rolling pin, cut the dough into strips ~ 3" x 12"
Place the dough in greased pan, and put in oven ( pre-warmed at 300 for 20 sec) for 30 min.
Cut dough into small pieces and roll on bread crumbs. Place them in the oven (pre-warmed as before) for ~ 30 min .
Preheat oven to 325 to bake, Place the pan in the lower rack and bake for 5 min, then transfer it to upper rack. Bake for 10 min or until brown.

*note*
Make sure you use evap milk. We had to substitute an ounce of regular milk and it make a slight difference in the moistness of the bread.
We also found out that darker pans tend to dry the bread out more too. Glass pans were best.
tatertot
tatertot
not a noob

Back to top Go down

Pandesal (filipino dinner rolls) Empty Re: Pandesal (filipino dinner rolls)

Post by Tweetey55 Sat 01 Aug 2009, 9:55 am

I have found that by turning the heat down 25 degrees F, that the browning is less intense on darkened pans and on glass. I use those Baker's Secret cake pans and bread pans and the label told me to do that the first time I bought them, so that is what I do. It seems to work. I don't change baking time tho. Grandma told me about the glass pans.
Tweetey55
Tweetey55
Cooking Mod

http://www.karuss.com

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum