Born In The 50s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf is....

2 posters

Go down

Golf is.... Empty Golf is....

Post by tatertot Mon 27 Jul 2009, 12:27 am

So Im thinking about taking up golf.

but'cept Ive never played.
I've always refused to date guys that played.

However, I cant deny that the older I get, the more compelled I am to figure this game out.

Ive been reading Chicken Soup for the Golf Lover's Soul which has increased my curiosity for the game.. expodentially.

Im learning that you can tell a lot about someone by the way they play the game.

So I ask you..

Do you play?

Why?

What have you learned from golf?
tatertot
tatertot
not a noob

Back to top Go down

Golf is.... Empty Re: Golf is....

Post by JayDubya Mon 27 Jul 2009, 1:53 am

1. I play golf, been doing it for over 20 years. But not what you think. I play disc (frisbee) golf. Lots of fun, lots cheaper and you still get outdoors. If you're interested I'll post more info.

2. I play because I enjoy it and can play competitively, I throw a disc about 350 feet and have a pretty good short game.

3. Bad things (shots) happen, deal with it and move on.
JayDubya
JayDubya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by tatertot Mon 27 Jul 2009, 2:09 am

JayDubya wrote:1. I play golf, been doing it for over 20 years. But not what you think. I play disc (frisbee) golf. Lots of fun, lots cheaper and you still get outdoors. If you're interested I'll post more info.

2. I play because I enjoy it and can play competitively, I throw a disc about 350 feet and have a pretty good short game.

3. Bad things (shots) happen, deal with it and move on.

1. Im interested

2. Is this something just local in your area or do other people know about this?

3. Thats fair.

D. I just noticed Im earning points for my posts. Is there a redemption program? Like S&H green stamps maybe?
tatertot
tatertot
not a noob

Back to top Go down

Post by JayDubya Mon 27 Jul 2009, 11:27 am

Here's a link to the pro organization for disc golf. PDGA.
Professional Disc Golf Association
On the front page is a link to a Course directory. Click on this then click on your state on the map, it'll show you what's in your area.
PDGA Course Directory

This is something you can do alone, with another adult or with your family, it's that cheap to play.
Where I live we have about 30+ courses, of course my area, along with Cali, have a lot of courses and disc golfers.

lol! I'll work on the redemption program.
JayDubya
JayDubya
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum