Born In The 50s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pam's Foolproof Chocolate Fudge

Go down

Pam's Foolproof Chocolate Fudge Empty Pam's Foolproof Chocolate Fudge

Post by PamiSu392 Mon 27 Jul 2009, 8:18 pm

3 cups (18 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips (or use peanut butter chips)
1 (14-ounce) can EAGLE BRAND Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
Dash salt
1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (walnuts or peanuts-optional)
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Instructions

Microwave: In 1-quart glass measure, combine chocolate chips with EAGLE BRAND and salt. Cook on HIGH (100% power) 3 minutes or until chips melt, stirring after 1 1/2 minutes. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spread in wax paper-lined 13 x 9-inch pan. Chill 2 hours or until firm. Turn fudge onto cutting board; peel off paper and cut into squares. Store covered in refrigerator. (Makes about 2 3/4 pounds)

Variations

Creamy Dark Chocolate Fudge: Melt 2 cups miniature marshmallows with chocolate chips and EAGLE BRAND®️. Proceed as above.

Milk Chocolate Fudge: Omit 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips. Add 1 cup milk chocolate chips. Proceed as above.

Rocky Road Fudge: Omit 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, salt, nuts and vanilla. In saucepan, melt chocolate chips with EAGLE BRAND®️ and 2 tablespoons butter or margarine. In large bowl, combine 2 cups dry-roasted peanuts and 1 (10 1/2-ounce) package miniature marshmallows. Stir in chocolate mixture. Proceed as above.

I make the chocolate fudge first and chill it. Then I make the peanut butter version and pour it on top of the chilled chocolate fudge. I add nuts to both versions.
PamiSu392
PamiSu392
not a noob

http://www.pamartin.com

Back to top Go down