Born In The 50s
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crock Pot recipes?

3 posters

Go down

Crock Pot recipes? Empty Crock Pot recipes?

Post by Lima Bean Mon 05 Oct 2009, 9:54 pm

Does anyone have any good crock pot recipes? I just bought a new one and I love the idea of coming home to dinner ready. It makes me feel like I have a wife. lol

Please post any EASY ones that you might have. Smile
Lima Bean
Lima Bean
The Sexy Admin

Back to top Go down

Crock Pot recipes? Empty Re: Crock Pot recipes?

Post by PamiSu392 Thu 15 Oct 2009, 3:47 pm

Recipes from the Crock Pot company:
http://www.crock-pot.com/Recipes.aspx
PamiSu392
PamiSu392
not a noob

http://www.pamartin.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:00 am

The best thing I make in a crock pot is beef stew.

I peal 4-5 medium potatoes and cube them and put them in the bottom of the crock pot, mixed together with 2 or 3 onions that have been cut up. I use a bag of the baby carrots from the produce section and put them on top of the potatoes all around the outside edge of the crock pot. Then I take beef stew cubes, about a pound or two if you like a lot of meat...and toss them in a gallon zip lock bag or in a bowl with flour, salt , and pepper. put those on top of the potatoes and onions. I sprinkle a pouch of McCormick beef stew seasoning on top of all that...then I open a can of stewed tomatoes and pour that on top of it all. (You can do this all the night before) and put it in the crock pot on LOW in the morning...let it cook the whole day you're gone. I wouldn't let it go for more than 10 hours. When you get home, turn it off, and let it sit for a bit before you try to eat it. It's burning hot! Best stew I ever had. mmmm now I'm going to have to make some!
Dana
Dana
not a noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Dana Thu 29 Oct 2009, 8:14 am

Another thing I do is put spaghetti sauce in the crock pot (I doctor mine up with some garlic powder, and onion powder, Italian seasoning and a little brown sugar to cut the acid) add some meatballs that I get at Sam's Club...frozen....and put that on low for the day. All you have to do is cook some pasta when you get home.
Dana
Dana
not a noob

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down